Throughout the entire country there is a very real and intense effort to stem the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). As responsible leaders, we need to continue to take appropriate steps and ensure that every decision we make is one with a focus on the health and safety of our members, staff and families.
With the uncertainty of the coronavirus and what it will evolve into in the coming weeks, the Southern Kingfish Association will err on the side of caution and not take chances with our members' health and safety.
It is with deep regret that we have decided to postpone the SKA Nationals. We are committed to bringing a great event to our anglers, and the new date for the tournament will be announced as soon as possible.
As you can imagine, this is not a decision we made lightly, but your safety is our top priority.
It is impossible to forecast if the coronavirus will continue to spread or begin to taper off in the next 30 days. With the majority of our teams coming in from out of town to fish, we have to give those teams enough notice to reschedule hotels, houses, boat slips, trailer parking, etc. Unfortunately this was not an instance where a last minute decision could be made.
Thank you for your understanding and please call, email, or message us if you have any questions.
Southern Kingfish Association